Advanced Ice Course
Upon completion of this course you will have gained the skills, concepts and experience necessary to lead a single or multi-pitch ice climb up to grade 3 in difficulty.
Practical Skills Learned During This Course
- How to plan your lead, route selection, and selection of gear and equipment.
- Quick energy saving techniques for placement of ice protection, clipping, cleaning and racking.
- Technique of Single vs. Double rope.
- Lead climbing of a grade 3 ice climb with a top-rope safety.
- Basic self-belay while rappelling and basic rescue, and tie-off of leader and seconder.
Group Size: 2 Participants
Course Length: 2 Days, 1 Evening.
Location: Orient Bay - Batchawana Area or Other
Prerequisites: Intermediate Ice or equivalent.
Personal & Technical Equipment: See Lists.
Theoretical Skills Learned During This Course
- Understanding the principles of lead climbing.
- Planning and ice climb as a lead climber. Partner selection route selection and safety considerations.