Ice 2 Course
With the completion of this course you will gain the skills and understand the concepts required to ice climb safely in a top-roped environment. You will be capable of setting up a sling-shot top-belay system with climbers of equal or greater ability.
Practical Skills Learned Durinng This Course
- A review of skills learned in Ice Day.
- Techniques required to ascend, traverse and descend steep ice safely and quickly.
- How to establish and monitor a sling-shot top-rope system.
- Introduction to ice climbing protection.
Group Size: 6 Participants, Minimum of 4.
Course Length: 1 Day.
Location: Batchawana Bay - Mile 38 Road or Searchmont Icewall
Prerequisites: An Ice Day or equivalent.
Personal & Technical Equipment: See Technical Equipment Page
Theoretical Skills Learned During This Course
- What are sling-shot top-rope systems and how to they relate to the sport of ice climbing.
- Safety Considerations in ice climbing and the recognition of subjective and objective hazards.