Advanced Rock Course
Student Outline Of Course Content
Upon completion of this course you will have gained the skills, concepts and experience to lead single or multi-pitch rock climbs, with a climber of equal or greater ability.
Practical Skills Learned During This Course
- How to plan your lead, selection of climbing hardware, and racking.
- Placement of protection, clipping bolts, and reduction of rope drag.
- Single vs. Double rope technique.
- Equal tension anchors and belay station setups.
- Rappelling and basic self-rescue techniques.
Theoretical Skills Learned During This Course
- Understanding the principles of Lead Climbing.
- Planning a Lead Climb.
- Partner selection, route selection and safety considerations.
Group Size (Group discounts available): 2 Maximum
Course Length: 2 Days
Place: River Bend Rock, Ranwick Rock, Alien Wall, or Summerian Slabs
Reference: Climbers Guide to any of the above areas.