Intermediate Rock Course
Student Outline Of Course Content
You will learn the skills and concepts required to "SECOND" a single or multi-pitch climb. Upon completion, you should be confident and capable of participating in a multi-pitch climb, with a climber of greater ability who is capable of "LEAD" climbing.
Practical Skills Learned During This Course
- A review of skills learned in the "Rock 2 Course".
- The various types of climbing hardware used in Lead Climbing, their placement, and their removal.
- The racking and sorting of the seconds rack during cleaning.
- Establishing and departing hanging belays on multi-pitch climbs.
- Rappel anchors and rappelling techniques.
- Theoretical Skills Learned During This Course
- What is pitch, multi-pitch, and lead climbing, and the role of the "Second".
- Understanding the principles behind the placement of protection and the clipping of bolts.
- How to plan a rock climb, selection of gear, the role of guidebooks, route finding, and knowing your capabilities.
Group Size (Group discounts available): 4 Maximum - 2 Minimum
Course Length: 2 Days
Place: River Bend Rock, Ranwick Rock, Alien Wall, or Summerian Slabs
Reference: Climbers Guide to any of the above areas.