Rock 2 Course
Student Outline Of Course Content
With the completion of this course you will gain the skills, and understand the concepts, required to rock climb safely in a top-roped setting using established, and artificial, anchors.
You will be capable of setting up both slingshot and top-belay systems with climbers of equal or greater ability.
Practical Skills Learned During This Course
- A review of skills learned in the "Rock 1 Course".
- The technique required to ascend cracks of various sizes, and also face climbing.
- How to establish and monitor a slingshot and top-belay top rope system as well as a rappel station.
- How to rappel safely using an auto brake system.
Theoretical Skills Learned During This Course
- What slingshot and top-belay top rope systems are and how they relate to the sport of rock climbing.
- Safety as it applies to the top rope systems and the rappelling environment. The recognition of subjective and objective hazards.
Group Size (Group discounts available): 6 Maximum - 2 Minimum
Course Length: 1 Day
Place: River Bend Rock
Reference: Climbers Guide to River Bend Rock